Hi folks,

As many of you will have noticed, we had a ‘minor issue’ with the server at the
weekend. To cut a moderately long story short, there was a failure at the
hosting provider, destroying the server that hosts the xmpp.org XMPP service,
website, wiki, xmpp.net service, etc. etc. Because these things always work
better together, we then discovered that that machine wasn’t being backed up.
The upshot of this is that we’ve potentially permanently lost most of the data
on the server. We’re working to bring services back online as well as we can
and recover what data we can, but there will be data loss even in the best
possible case.

Thanks to everyone who’s been helping recover from this, but especially Edwin
who’s put in obscene amounts of time and is continuing to do so.

If it happens that you have any of the wiki data locally for some reason (e.g.
browser tabs still open), please recover it and send it our way.

/K