Hi Michael,

On Jun 1, 2005, at 10:03 AM, Michael Watzek wrote:

Hi Craig,

Hi Michael,
On Jun 1, 2005, at 9:30 AM, Michael Watzek wrote:
Hi Craig,

And we should probably disallow pmf == null in cases where there is work to do.

I'm not sure. Do you mean that the test result is ERROR for test cases having "pmf == null in cases where there is work to do"? Let me know if you feel strong on this.

I think so. Since this is a new feature, any test case that uses tearDown methods should leave the PMF open. Can you think of a case where this is not true?

No. My question is: Do we want to *force* test cases to leave the PMF open when they add tear down instances and/or classes?
Yes. Unless we can think of cases where the test method wants instances removed but needs to close the PMF for some reason. I think in these cases we can let the test method clean itself.
Ok. What do you think of adding a check in tearDown (before the other check):

if ((pmf == null || pmf.isClosed()) &&
(this.tearDownInstances.size() > 0 || this.tearDownClasses.size() > 0)) throw new JDOFatalException ("PMF must not be nullified or closed when tear down instances and /or classes have been added.");

Sounds good.

Craig

Michael
Michael Watzek                  [EMAIL PROTECTED] Engineering GmbH
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Buelowstr. 66

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!