Hi,

I agree it makes sense to check in the inheritance patch, so I checked it in :-).

Now maven runtck.jdori runs 22 configurations and 14 of them fail.

Regards Michael

Hi Craig, Michelle,

I agree with Andy that it makes sense to check in the inheritance patch. If there are still issues concerning the patch then we can handle them as bugs.

For this reason, I provided an updated version of the patch which uses qualified class names for mapping 2. I broke up the patch into two files. You find the first file attached. I'll send the second version in a separate mail.

Note, that this patch uses the same mapping ids as Michelle's patch implementing schema orm attribute. let me know, if you prefer to change the mapping ids of the inheritance patch.

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm using the latest JPOX build and still get exceptions for mapping 2
for both identity types:

Application identity: org.jpox.metadata.InvalidMetaDataException: Class
"org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.company.Employee" has been specified to use
"subclass-table" inheritance strategy yet has at least one field that is
a Collection/Map. This is not currently supported by JPOX.

Hardly suprising since I previously said that this is not currently supported, in the original mail. I've made some changes to enable this, but haven't yet removed the metadata check (because I don't want all users going off and using it yet).

My email of this morning, and Eriks' of last night, were for the issue about overriding field specifications of superclasses.

Please apply the inheritance patch and copy the attached ORM files to
"tck20/test/orm/<identity type>/org/apache/jdo/tck/pc/company".

Since these are new tests, what is the problem with just checking them into SVN ? so then we can just run the TCK when we next get a moment. Since we're not talking about released software here, I don't see a problem with it. I personally don't want to get into applying patches to the TCK in order to try it - since there's only me and Erik working on JPOX core/enhancer in our spare time, we have enough to be working on right now ;-)

--
Michael Bouschen                [EMAIL PROTECTED] Engineering GmbH
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://www.tech.spree.de/