Hi Andy,

(sorry for double posting, I sent this to an...@apache.org before)

I started looking into adapting datanucleus for JDO JIRA 747: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-747

Some time ago you offered to give some initial pointers, could you tell me where to start?

My first goal: Update datanuclues so that a PERSISTENT_NEW object transitions to PERSISTENT_CLEAN when they are refreshed _and_ if there is an object with the same ID in the database.

I tried to find the state transition checks and triggers. I first looked into datanucleus' Transaction.commit(), but it seems to forward everything to an implementation of XAResource.commit, probably either one of the LocalXAResource or the EmulatedXAResource classes. These forward the call to a 'Connection', but I can't immediately see which implementation is used.

Could you give me some pointers?

Thanks,
Tilmann