Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Tuesday March 12 1100 PST 2000 CET

Agenda:

1. Update GitHub Action versions

Tobias merged the change to update GitHub Action versions.

2. JIRA JDO-838 "Clarify doc for query cancel()/cancelAll()"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-838
Do we need a spec update?

Good as written. Once we figure out more details (see JDO-836) we can see if
updating the spec is needed.

3. JIRA JDO-835 "TCK: Check ResultClassRequirementsMap when running
multithreaded" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-835

Failure when running multithreaded. Keep JIRA open.

4. JIRA JDO-836 "TCK: QueryCancel Test class fails"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-836

Michael updated the test case. FTR Derby does not support query cancel.
AI Michael update the test case to get more details on what if any errors are
returned by DataNucleus.
We need to decide what the behavior should be in the case where the PMF says
that cancel is supported but the JDO implementation or JDBC or database does
not support cancel. [This might be the reason the query cancel tests were never
activated...]

5. sonarcloud issues

JIRA JDO-819 "Code quality analysis"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-819
JIRA JDO-823 "Fix sonarcloud issues of type Code Smells"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-823

Sonarcloud link: https://sonarcloud.io/summary/overall?id=db-jdo

* Cognitive Complexity of methods should not be too high:
https://sonarcloud.io/project/issues?resolved=false&rules=java%3AS3776&severities=CRITICAL&types=CODE_SMELL&id=db-jdo

* Raw types should not be used:
https://sonarcloud.io/project/issues?resolved=false&rules=java%3AS3740&severities=MAJOR&id=db-jdo

6. JIRA JDO-812 "Move to JDK 11 as the lowest supported version"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-812

7. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Jan 09 2024] AI everyone: take a look into the ResultClassRequirementsMap
issue.
[Jan 02 2024] AI everyone: see if anyone can see a problem with the parallel
execution of tests Cast.java and SupportedOptionalMethods.java
[Jul 13 2023] AI All Open a new JIRA for Android since having JNDI in the API
disallows use with Android
[Jun 08 2023] AI All make a JIRA: JDO support for Java Records
https://openjdk.org/jeps/395
[Dec 09 2021] AI Craig: Try to contact all current/former participants in JDO
development and see if and how they want to be recognized on the JDO and DB web
sites.https://db.apache.org/whoweare.html
[Oct 07 2021] AI Craig send a private message to all JSR-243 Expert Group
members asking if they wish to continue.
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr accounts
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL
datastores "https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651

Craig L Russell
c...@apache.org