I’ve been trying to run the example from chapter 19 (Jess in Action), but I keep getting this error:

The version of Tomcat that I’m using is Apache Tomcat 5.0.19

An error occurred at line: 3 in the jsp file: /catalog.jsp

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\work\Catalina\localhost\Order\org\apache\jsp\catalog_jsp.java:50: java.util.Iterator is abstract; cannot be instantiated
          queryResult = new java.util.Iterator();
                        ^
1 error

I downloaded the code from the book’s website, and follow the instructions given in the book.

Thanks,

Francisco

Department of Computer and Information Sciences

University of Alabama at Birmingham