> The basic trick is this:
>
> >From one rule, set up the GUI to ask a question, then call
> ((engine)
> waitForActivations), which pauses the (run) thread until a new rule
> is
> activated.

I read the book Jess in Action. The functions I mentioned are actually
used to perform backward chaining. This way, I get the answers on
questions when they are needed.

The problem is that waitForActivations will still fire the activations
left on the agenda, and then wait for new activations to execute them.

I need to stop all firing of activations until the answer is asserted,
which is a different thing.

In a sense, waitForActivations is a run without return, what I need is
a halt without return.

Regards,
Steffen.