I think Jeffrey Davine wrote:
> The debugging facility I'm wondering about would also allow single stepping
> thorough rules as they activate with the ability to watch the patterns and
> joins.

No. I'd love to have this, but it definitely won't be in
Charlemagne. We're working on a plan for Constantine, however (Jess
7.1, or Jess 8.0, whichever) and I'd like to see that then.

The current Jess debugger can break only at function calls. If you use
function calls on the LHS of a rule, the debugger can step through
them, and you can see the values of any bound variables -- but that's
about it for now.