Hello Jess users

I have tried to implement an expert system in Jess. I have generated about
3000 facts. The structure was like deffacts and here is one typical example:
(deffact node35 (link "/abc") (name "abc") (super "/"))

All theses links are linked by the slot super and link. I have created
defrule, that is listing and searching in the tree. I have also used my user
function created in Java, to make regular expression when searching first
fact.
Unfortunately the performance is very low. It is in minutes and I can accept
response in few seconds only on PC with Linux and Sun's Java.

Does anybody have similar experience ? Should I change Java runtime
environment ? Is there any general performance rules for Jess ?

Thanx,
Laco Skokan.