I think Aditya Deshpande wrote:

> > Hi,
> >     I have to give a run every time I want the activation of rules to take
> > place. Is there any way that I can get the rule engine running all the
> time
> > and the rules get automatically fired as and when the facts are loaded
> into
> > the knowledge base.

The (run-until-halt) function is documented in the manual; see
http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/jess/docs/functions.html#run-until-halt .

> >     Also I can't get the Rete.assert(Fact f) to start working.
> > Here is the code dump
> >
> >   fact.setSlotValue("ntype",new Value("email",RU.SLOT));

RU.SLOT was an internal type; the only mention of it in the Jess 5
manual is this line in a table:

 final public static int SLOT             = 16384; ; (internal use)

In Jess 6, it no longer even exists. If you want the ntype slot to
hold an atom, use RU.ATOM; if a String, RU.STRING.

> > Also any pointers on how to use Observer interface using the JessEvent and
> > JessEventListener.

Jess doesn't use the Observer interface. The manual (Jess 5 section
4.10) discusses using event listeners at some length.

Do you see a common theme to these answers? Not to be rude, but maybe
you need to make a cup of tea, put your feet up, lean back, and read
through the whole manual once.

Distributed Systems Research        Phone: (925) 294-2154
Org. 8920, MS 9012                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 969                  http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov
Livermore, CA 94550