Hi there!

  Are you familiar with JessTab? I guess you want to be able to do with
Java-only code what you do with JessTab from within Protigi, right?

Basically it involves:
- creating a new Jess Rete instance from your Java code [Rete engine = new
Rete()]
[engine.addUserpackage(new JessTabFunctions())  or
engine.executeCommand("(load-package JessTab.JessTabFunctions)")].

Having done that,

- load your Protigi project into this Jess-JessTab instance
[engine.executeCommand("(load-project  foo.pprj)")]
- and your rules using the Jess API [batch.batch("bar.clp", engine)] (NOTE:
batch is a jess.Batch object).

  You have access to the protege.model.Project object with the
"JessTab.getProtegeKB().getProject()" method. "JessTab.getProtegeKB()", as
you might have guessed, returns the protege.model.KnowledgeBase. You can
then use the Protigi API (or simply JessTab calls to the Rete object using
"executeCommand") to manipulate your knowledge-base and run an inference.

  If you go to http://www.ida.liu.se/~her/JessTab/ and download the updated
JessTab pdf, you'll have new information that Henrik Eriksson (JessTab's
developer) recently updated concerning this type of use between
Jess-JessTab-Protigi.

Regards,

Antsnio.
Antonio J. Falcao