From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 9:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JESS: Open Source Java IDE

I think sorokinru wrote:
> Hello jess-users,
>
>   I understand that this question is not quite correct, but I whant to
>   know jess-users opinion that I rate much highly. Shortly, what is a
>   best free open-source Java IDE?

Eclipse (www.eclipse.org) is the best open-source IDE, without
question. The editor is very nice and very smart, and it has good
integration with JUnit, Ant, and CVS right out of the box.

Eclipse is, however, really just a wan imitation of IntelliJ IDEA
(www.intellij.com.) The one place where Eclipse is better than IDEA is
in the availability of third-party extensions (plug-ins) -- there are
many more available for Eclipse. But in terms of core functionality,
IDEA reigns.