Hi,

Consider the following situation. I have asserted quite a number of
facts, with various values for their slots. Now I want to select a
limited number of facts that are most suitable, according to some
user-defined criterion.

My idea was to set up a defquery and then use Java sorting to order
the QuertResult according to my criterion. However, there seems to be
no way to transform a QueyResult into a Collection.

Note that my problems would be simple if I had fixed limits on my slot
values, but I haven't: if i woudl have slot values of 2, 4 and 6 and I
would like to have the smallest two, a limit of 5 would do it, but
this would not work when the values were 13, 15 and 29.

My suspicion is that I am trying to solve the problem in the wrong
manner, or even trying to solve the wrong problem. Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Regards,

JW Lokin