Probably. The specialized Rete network nodes are faster than general function
calls, as they have less overhead and work directly in Java.

________________________________
From: owner-jess-us...@sandia.gov [mailto:owner-jess-us...@sandia.gov] On
Behalf Of Wolfgang Laun
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 11:22 AM
To: jess-users
Subject: Re: JESS: multiple bindings of a multislot

I solved it by binding the lot: (Temp (m $?mels)) and writing deffunctions
testing all other patterns.

I ran into this while trying to solve the Zebra Puzzle in a way fundamentally
different from the example distributed with Jess. I have all permutations as
facts and select them by filtering according to the puzzle's givens. This is
where things like
  ($? ivory green $?)
or
  (? ? milk ? ?)
would have to be written in addition to the binding of the entire quintuple