  From: Friedman-Hill, Ernest
  To: jess-users
  Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 10:27 AM
  Subject: Re: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Second order JESS?

  You can build the fact you want as a string and assert that — for example

  (assert-string (str-cat "(" ?foo " " ?bar ")"))

  From: Sam Sarjant <sj...@waikato.ac.nz>
  Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 13:21:47 +1200
  To: <jess-users@sandia.gov>
  Subject: JESS: [EXTERNAL] Second order JESS?

  Hello,
    I'm looking to use JESS within an application where second-order logic is
needed (or at least it makes things easier). Does JESS support second-order
logic in any form?

  For example, a rule such as:
  (ruleDef (factPredicate ?foo) (factArgs ?bar))
  =>
  (assert (?foo ?bar)))

  is an example of the structure I am looking for (where factPredicate is a
String slot and factArgs is a multislot). The LHS of the rule compiles fine
(with the appropriate ruleDef deftemplate), but the RHS throws an exception as
it is expecting a template name after assert.

  --
  - Thanks, Sam Sarjant
  www.samsarjant.com