> But in reality, Demo Classic installation does not have any *.tpsml file.

TPSML was originally designed for JetUI. JetUI has a toolbar on either side
of the page. Those toolbars are in locked into TPSML. I don't remember why
we didn't give examples of using templates with Classic mode, but i think
it works with the custom setting jetui.customization.method = ajax.
Recommend testing this feature thoroughly with your portal if you decide to
go with it

> Should we go to JetUI entirely?

JetUI is not completed. Features that were never completed:

   - no support for customization of nested layouts
   - no support for nesting layouts
   - only four themes supported (one column, two column, three column, four
   column)
   - JetUI does not support subsites. Instead of subsites, use the Spaces
   features.

I think Classic is still the more stable choice

--
David S Taylor
CEO, Bluesunrise