Silvio,

The host header should contain the host and port as used by the client.
Thus if the request goes to the default port and is forward you a different
port, the host header should not have the port in it, or at least only the
default port.

Are you sure the client is using the default port and not going direct you
the server?

Can you give us a bit more info:
 + Uri and headers as sent by the client
 + Uri and headers as received by jetty
 + The actual values you get from the various request methods

Cheers