Josh asked me to post this also.
Cookie

PS Re: Guzikov

I would also be interested in the exact source of the Ottens/Rubin quote of
what they call the "Wiener Theaterzeitung" on page 167.

It is mentioned in the body of the chapter, but is mysteriously absent in
the source register of the book.

The only known copies of those sources are at the Vienna Rathaus (Parliament
complex). They are kept under strict climactic conditions, and are not
allowed to be photocopied. Since it is only possible to copy by hand the
more than 20 pages (carpal tunnel, take me, I'm yours) which were housed
there, I am curious how Ottens/Rubin received these sources and why they did
not credit the holding institution in their book nor the person who supplied
them with their sources.

The newspaper, by the way, is to my knowledge, called Bäuerle¹s
Theaterzeitung and not the Wiener Theaterzeitung. Its editor was Adolf
Bäuerle.

Josh Horowitz

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash