Dear Alex,

>I recently read your post to the Jewish list,
>and have SO many questions. Please take the time
>to answer? I would appreciate it.

There are two Argentinian books that deal with the involvement of Jews in
tango: 'José Judkovski: El tango, una historia con judíos. Buenos Aires:
Fundación IWO, 1998' and 'Julio Nudler: Tango Judío, del gueto a la milonga.
Buenos Aires: Editorial Sudamericana, 1998'. They haven't yet been
translated to English. They can probably be obtained from the Argentinian
distributor "Store de la Cole", run by Mariana Arcusin, on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>4) Does "Por una cabeza" have any Jewish connection?
Not as far as I'm aware. To view the lyrics in Spanish & English go to
http://www.planet-tango.com/lyrics/porunaca.htm. Some more info on
www.todotango.com.

>5) wouldn´t Giora Feidman, then, be the perfect connection of klezmer to
tango?
He's already doing a programme of Tango-Klezmer, purely instrumental.

>Alex Jacobowitz

Un saludo tanguero,

Lloica

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash