In a message dated 3/16/3 4:03:09 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< nce again, fried from working on the cars and preparations for Purim at a
shul that is either dying or about to be reborn, I find myself listening
spellbound to the music of flutist Akiva Ben-Horin.

Which, I've been corrected, *is* available in the US, your local Judaica or
frum-pop store may not carry it but (who else) Simon at Hatikva has it.

Many years ago, on a visit to Israel, when I saw the cover of the cassette
(no CDs yet) I thought it would be a "new Age" type of recording, so I passed
on it. The distributor kept telling me how great a recording it was and said
it was exactly what I would want. I told him no and that was that. Meanwhile
I purchased many other items and had him ship it to Hatikvah. When I received
the shipment, he had thrown in a copy of the Akiva Be-Horin recording as a
"sample"..I put on the cassette, and "Crow Pie" never tasted that good!  What
a beautiful recrding this is...

Simon
Hatikvah Music
323) 655- 7083

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash