On Sun, 4 May 2003, Eliezer Kaplan wrote:

> > Are there no such things as musical genres?

I would say that music can be classified in
genres (Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic,...)

> let's play a little game. Genre-classify the
> following five artists

This is an entirely different question! Artists cannot
be classified the same way that music is. Artists and
music are different categories. If one would classify
artists it would be according to their musical
approach, such as playing style, etc.

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ~~~*

 Chazzanut Online:
 http://www.joods.nl/~chazzanut/

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash