Hi...just wanted to make those interested aware of a website that
caters to NYC experimental/improvisational music and as such does
feature/promote a fair amount of Jewish influenced jazz CDs/concerts.
It is run by Kurt Gottschalk who I met at the recent NYC visions
festival. At which, BTW, Erik Friedlander, Greg Cohen and Mark Friedman
performed an incredible set as the Masada String Trio. They were
conducted by John Zorn who sat on stage in front of the trio. Anyway,
Kurt asked me to review the new Koby Israelite CD (which has generated
some discussion in here already)...so check out the site
www.squidsear.com and/or my review at http://www.squidsear.com/cgi-
bin/news/newsView.cgi?newsID=164  ...thanks...Elliott

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash