I am passing on this note (with the author's permission) to the list at large, in case other bandpersons would like to add their two cents to round out her research.

Lori @ MAX
I am a Music Education student and cellist at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA.  I came across your site when performing a "Google" search on Klezmer music.  I was very excited to know that there are groups such as yours performing this music.  I am planning on doing my research paper for my Intro to World Music class and would like to ask if any of the members of your group would mind giving their opinions on the influence of Klezmer music in America and why
they feel it is an important part of our culture here today.  I would also like to know what it is that inspires each of you to perform this particular style of music.  Unfortunately, all I would be able to offer for your efforts in return is a reference on my bibliography page and perhaps a few new followers of the Klezmer music tradition!

Please let me know if you or other members would be willing to help me with this project, it is certainly alright if you are not able to, I just need to find my sources over the next couple of weeks in order to finish my project by the due date.

Thank you for your time!

Suzanne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]