On Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:12 am, Dave Kleikamp wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 11:06, Richard Allen wrote:
> > Is this a bug or something Im doing wrong ?
>
> It's a bug.  jfs is broken if the page size in the kernel is not 4K
> bytes.  The fix involves some design changes in the way jfs handles
> the metadata, so it's not going to be a quick fix.  You'll either
> have to recompile the kernel with a 4K page size, or use another file
> system.

Hmm.  I've been considering using JFS on Alpha, which has had an 8K page
size by default for just about forever (since at least linux 2.2 IIRC,
maybe longer), and I believe that cannot be reduced in the kernel.  Are
you saying it will not work?

--
John Goerzen
Author, Foundations of Python Network Programming