Was version 1.1.4
Upgraded to 1.1.7 and it completed in short time.

Now to dig thru lost+found....

Dave Kleikamp wrote:
On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 10:17 -0500, Mike Kincer wrote:

I have a 4x36 GB disk SCSI RAID5 (AMI Megaraid) drive under Fedora Core 2.
One drive crashed. Replaced the drive. Low level megaraid BIOS indicated replication was good.
Booted Linux, and indicated partition was corrupt.
It did mount, and looks like it sent 75% of the files to lost+found

Running jfs_fsck -d -v /dev/sda1
I say running since it is still running after 7 days!
It is "working" and not stuck in a loop as the messages (many many messages) are still updating.
Wondering why it is taking so long... ideas?

If your jfsutils is older than version 1.1.5, there is code that does
duplicate block checking that runs very, very slowly.  This code isn't
run often, but when it is, it's bad.  This was fixed in version 1.1.5,
so I would suggest getting a newer version.

Can I eventually retrieve files from lost+found?

Yes, but it might not be easy.  If you are lucky, you'll find
subdirectories in lost+found that will contain their contents intact.
Individual files may be harder to identify, as they no longer have their
pathnames associated with them.

--

Mike Kincer
Imagenation Design