On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 12:13 +0100, Marcel Lanz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some troubles with a jfs partition on an external USB drive
> (maxtor onetouch 200GB)
>
> I had a jfs related kernel oops (see files below), then rebootet and did
> a fsck which segfaulted:
> http://hacklabs.ch/lanz/jfs_error/jfs_error_fsckh

The segfault is fixed in jfsutils-1.1.7 (you are running 1.1.6).  There
was a bad format string, which tried to print an integer as a string.

http://www10.software.ibm.com/developer/opensource/jfs/project/pub/jfsutils-1.1.7.tar.gz

> logs are here:
> http://hacklabs.ch/lanz/jfs_error/
>
> Actually I don't know what I should do now, or not do, because it seems
> something went wrong and I can't access my partition anymore. I didn't
> try to mount or did anyting after the fsck segfault.

I'm not sure what to make of all of the scsi messages:
Current sda: sense key No Sense

I'm not sure if they are any indication of I/O errors or not.  You may
want to try fixing the partition with the 1.1.7 version of jfs_fsck, and
see whether or not the problems go away.

--
David Kleikamp
IBM Linux Technology Center