How ironic can the situation really be for a country like
india where on one hand women are worshipped as goddess in the form of kali
or durga then we have women president, chief minister and more women
in power and on the other hand pathetic law and order situation where a women
is asked for sexual favors when she
she reports a rape, the trauma becomes endless for such women as now women need
guard themselves from police. Another lady journalist soumya vishwanathan
murder case remaining unsolved
mystery and to top it all our own lady chief minister making callous remarks
"she was being adventurous travelling late night"
Why has the women representatives elected by the common man of India closed
their eyes and ears so they hear no woes of a women in trouble.
if these ladies have the energy to ask for more representation at the center
why not more protection at center and state level, please.
We hav entered the 21st century and our country is becoming powerful at global
level but neither cities nor states safe for women.
Benita Toppo

It is no use criticising politicians. We have created politicians on caste and
religious considerations. Sometimes, we ask them to participate in our
endeavours as if they are going to give us some favour.

Therefore, Politicians work on appeasing some people and ignoring the genuine
feelings of people.

Hence we as people learn to live in harmony with the nature and considering
human beings as individuals and as gods. We forget this and lure them and
entice them in the name of religion. First of all preach brotherhood forgetting
the religious denominations.

Make people to be self dependant, generous and kind to others.

Yours sincerely

Prof.M.S.R.Murthy

I agree with Mr. Devender Sharma, people have no option left to express their
anger in present electoral system, while al existing political parties
fallowing the same policies with anti-people face Neo-liberalism, castism,
communalism and terrorism has now become a instrument for polarisation of votes
for them instead of talking about farmer suicide, increasing hunger deaths,
deprivation from basic amenities for huge population due to economic policies,
lack of social security, along with corruption expanding top to bottom. Shoes
hurling is the desperate act of common man to draw the attention of ruling
classes towards their dissent in the absence of powerful people's movement
having a alternative paradigm of development and genuine democracy.
ambarish rai
president, lok sangharsh morcha

It surely is a good turn for our democracy as people have begun to show their
anger in more concrete terms. It shows their discerning power and also shows
that they are learning to point their fingers at the honchos of politics when
they go and where they go wrong.

It is very good in the sense that our chikna ghada ie thick skinned netagans
need a sound public thrashing to show them their quality.

Where as earlier anger erupted in confused rage ending up in burning buses,
police vehicles etc. now it is more carefully directed.

The recent opening of the Pandoras box on the Padm shri awards is also good. Our
decision makers have to be more transparent .

Roopa Sharma

It,s a cheap and dirty politics played by all political parties. But
unfortunately it is true and it is a cheap way to lure the poor people of the
villages. They are also getting cleaver and enjoy the feast given by all parties
at least once every 5 years because they know that these politicians are not
going to come back to them once the election is over. So they try to enjoy the
feast while the going is good but no body knows who get their votes.
Thats the quality of democracy at the moment at the village level. But things
are likely to change with the spread of education amongst the new generation of
voters.
Dr. Dhuni Soren

As long as the inequalities, injustice, poverty, and police atrocities are
committed on the poor and helpless tribal, there will be more Manojs. When a
poor tribal’s land and forest, his only source of livelihood are taken away,
tribal women are molested and cheated and police and state does nothing what
alternative persons like Manoj have? The elites and powerful have hijacked the
democratic process and poor are left to fend for themselves.
 If Govt is keen to tackle this problem then ensure dignified life for all, two
square meals, and source of livelihood for all.
Subhash Bakshi