Hi Robert

For HTTP connections, the SoapClient uses the Java HttpURLConnection
class. (It is possible to add other implementations by overriding the
settings in transport.properties, but only HttpURLConnection is
currently implemented).

HttpURLConnection supports authentication using the
java.net.Authenticator class. The default Authenticator should be set
prior to creating the WS Client. For details see
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/http-auth.html.

Would you confirm whether this works for you, and I'll add it to the
documentation.

thanks
Nigel