I have the following mapping:

<collection name="InstalledItems" add-method="addHardwareInstallation" iter-method="getInstalledHardwareIterator" > <value name="Installation" type="edu.iris.dmc.isis.HardwareInstallation" ident="ref" /> </collection>

And I get a NPE when I try to compile the binding.

(from runtime binding:)
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.PropertyDefinition.getName(PropertyDefinition.java:307)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.ValueChild.createBackfillClass(ValueChild.java:185)
     [java]     at org.jibx.binding.def.ValueChild.genParseIdRef(ValueChild.java:283)
     [java]     at org.jibx.binding.def.ValueChild.genUnmarshal(ValueChild.java:401)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.ValueChild.genContentUnmarshal(ValueChild.java:587)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.NestedCollection.genContentUnmarshal(NestedCollection.java:132)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.ElementWrapper.genContentUnmarshal(ElementWrapper.java:272)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.NestedStructure.genContentUnmarshal(NestedStructure.java:153)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.ObjectBinding.genUnmarshalContentCall(ObjectBinding.java:611)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.ObjectBinding.genContentUnmarshal(ObjectBinding.java:723)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.ElementWrapper.genContentUnmarshal(ElementWrapper.java:272)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.MappingDefinition.generateCode(MappingDefinition.java:499)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.DefinitionContext.generateCode(DefinitionContext.java:593)
     [java]     at
org.jibx.binding.def.BindingDefinition.generateCode(BindingDefinition.java:562)
     [java]     at org.jibx.binding.Loader.processBindings(Loader.java:292)
     [java]     at org.jibx.binding.Run.main(Run.java:190)
     [java] Java Result: 1

If I change the getName() method in PropertyDefinition to spit out toString() at that
point, I get:

     [java] noSet for: property from collection
(edu.iris.dmc.isis.HardwareInstallation)

HardwareInstallation has a defined value for ident="def" .

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong...

--
Linus Kamb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]