> It seems the marshaller/unmarshaller attributes are not allowed on <value>
> element. Only serializer/deserializer can be set, but I can't register a
> backFillReference from a serializer as it doesn't have access to the
> UnmarshallingContext.

You can use a structure tag instead of a value tag. Here is an example
that works for me:

    <mapping name="P"
        class="nl...P">
        <structure name="x"
            marshaller="nl...support.LiteralMarshaller"
            unmarshaller="nl...support.LiteralMarshaller"
            get-method="getX"
            set-method="setX"/>
        <value name="y" field="y"/>
        <value name="z" field="z"/>