Hi Holger,

You'd need to read the DOCTYPE information from the parser yourself
before you turn control over to the JiBX unmarshalling. See the
"Controlling JiBX with front-end code" example at
http://jibx.sourceforge.net/tutorial/binding-custom.html#frontend for an
example of how this type of thing is done (in the example it's using an
attribute on the root element, but the same sort of principle applies
for what you want - create the UnmarshallingContext and use the
IXMLReader to check for an item of type DOCDECL, then read the text for
that item and process it however you want).

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA and Web Services in Java
Training and Consulting