On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Alan Evangelista <ala...@linux.vnet.ibm.com
> wrote:

> In the documentation, I read that codegen generates a binding file and a
> Java source file from a schema (xsd) file. If the binding file is used
> to define the mapping between xsd attributes and elements to Java
> classes, shouldn't it be created manually by the user and used as input
> in the process?

If you want to generate the binding file manually, then don't use an
automated tool :)

> Also, why would I want the binding file as output? I just want the
> output Java source file and put it together with my manually written
> Java source files. I know Jibx uses bytecode enhancement; are the output
> binding files used somehow during compilation / runtime to perform this
> bytecode enhancement? Could I discard these binding files?

The binding files tell JiBX how to map between Java and XML. They are
required for binding but not at runtime.

JiBX is essentially a black box that takes a binding file and Java class
files and outputs modified Java class files that support the JiBX API for
marshalling/unmarshalling.

The other stuff like schemagen, etc. are just additional tools used at
build time. But the ultimate and most important event is the binding
process.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs