Hi,

If I parse a XML file, all the collections that do not have elements, are
not initialized. So far so is good.

When I create one of my objects from java, then all the collections are
initialized with a ArrayList. Which is not something I want.

I am wondering if it is possible to tell jibx codegen to initialize all
collections not with a ArrayList but with a null value. I tried to set the
listClass of the ListImplementationDecorator to null, but it did not allow
that. Is there a way to do so? If not, would it make sense to implement
this?

Also I think it would be nice if the CollectionMethodsDecorator would check
for null-collections. Currently calling add() for a null collections causes
a NullPointerException. Am I missing something here too?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'd be glad to create a Jira-Ticket (or
two?) if this is something new.

kind regards,
Christian