I can unofficially say that JIBX is quite fast. Even faster then VTD in
data binding scenario. :)

Testing a 2000 byte doc with give or take 50 nodes and about 8 or so
different nesting levels. Jibx seems to squeeze it out :) I setup a parsing
loop which unmarshalls a document and for 1000000 iteration the average
time is 30000 nanoseconds.

+ VTD requires a whole bunch of code to do anything of data binding.

Now if I could figure out. The marshalling, unmarshalling to get a 1 tag
name I need would be nice. For now I settled for a RegEx, which adds
nothing to the process time but its a brittle solution.