When can we expect a JiBX update that supports Java 8?

We would like to use Java 8 as soon as possible, and we would also like to
continue to use of JiBX, which has served us well so far. I performed
experiments to determine to what extent JiBX 1.2.5 works with Java 7 and 8. I
tried the various version triplets (Java to run JiBX, VM Target, JDK Platform),
where

Java to run JiBX – Java version used with JiBX compilation
VM target – VM target version of VM produced by javac
JDK platform – JDK platform version used with javac

Java versions were  Java 1.8.0-b129 and build 1.7.0_45-b18.

The results in the table below. Note that a JDK platform targets JVMs up to its
own version, i.e., version(JDK platform) ≥ version(VM target), which is why
there are only 6 rows.

Java to run JiBX VM target JDK platform Issues
7 7 7 0
7 7 8 0
7 8 8 program runtime
8 7 7 JiBX compile time
8 7 8 JiBX compile time
8 8 8 JiBX compile time

Issues were

Program runtime:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

JiBX compile time:
Error running binding compiler java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error loading
class java.lang.CharSequence: Error reading path java/lang/CharSequence.class
for class java.lang.CharSequence

Gottfried

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:57 PM, Gottfried Theimer <drgthei...@yahoo.com>