Hi,

It’s been frustrating trying to use JiBX on my project. I have the following
configuration:

Maven mutimodule project:

parent-project
 +——model-project        This project will have the common domain objects
defined on XSD files
 +——message-project   This project will contain the Webservice Request/Response
definitions on XSD and logic
 +—— backend-project
 +—— frontend-project

the thing is:

on model-project I have let’s say: person.xsd is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
                elementFormDefault="qualified"
                attributeFormDefault="qualified"
                targetNamespace="http://www.myexample.com/schemas/app/person";
                xmlns:tns=“http://www.myexample.com/schemas/app/person";>

        <xsd:complexType name=“person">
                <xsd:annotation>
                        <xsd:documentation>
                        </xsd:documentation>
                </xsd:annotation>
                <xsd:sequence>
                        <xsd:element name=“id"        type="xsd:long"
minOccurs="0" />
                        <xsd:element name=“firstName" type=“xsd:string"
minOccurs="0" />
                        <xsd:element name=“lastName"  type="xsd:string"
minOccurs="0" />
                        <xsd:element name=“dob"       type="xsd:dateTime"
minOccurs="0" />
                        <xsd:element name=“age"       type="xsd:dateTime"
minOccurs="0" />
                </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>

and under message-project I have let’s say: personService.xsd:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
                elementFormDefault="qualified"
                attributeFormDefault="qualified”
                xmlns:per=“http://www.myexample.com/schemas/app/personService";

targetNamespace="http://www.myexample.com/schemas/app/personService";>

        <xs:import
namespace="http://www.myexample.com/schemas/app/personService"; />

        <xsd:complexType name=“getPersonRequest">
                <xsd:annotation>
                        <xsd:documentation>
                        </xsd:documentation>
                </xsd:annotation>
                <xsd:sequence>
                        <xsd:element name=“id" type="xsd:long" minOccurs="0" />
                </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>

        <xsd:complexType name=“getPersonResponse">
                <xsd:annotation>
                        <xsd:documentation>
                        </xsd:documentation>
                </xsd:annotation>
                <xsd:sequence>
                        <xsd:element name=“person” type=“per:person”
minOccurs="0" />
                </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>

If I were using JAXB I would be able to use catalogs to reference the external
xsd: from message-project to the stored under model-project
but I have not been able to find something equivalent for JiBX. I need to do it
using maven generation lifecycle under command line, eclipse,
IntelijIdea etc.

Does anybody has been able to make this thing, not counting with schemas
published online, only local copies on their respective projects and
generated jar files.

Hope you can help me,

Best,

-Martin