Hi Team,

We are migrating our application jdk version from jdk 1.6 to jdk1.8
and we are using jibx 1.2.2 in our application.

But Jibx compilation failed with below error,

[bind] Running binding compiler version jibx_1_2_2

     [bind] Error running binding compiler

     [bind] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error loading class
java.lang.CharSequence: Error reading path
java/lang/CharSequence.class for class java.lang.CharSequence

     [bind]               at
org.jibx.binding.classes.ClassCache$ClassCacheLocator.getClassInfo(ClassCache.java:291)

     [bind]               at
org.jibx.binding.model.ClassHierarchyContext.accumulateInterfaces(ClassHierarchyContext.java:95)

     [bind]               at
org.jibx.binding.model.ClassHierarchyContext.addTypedComponent(ClassHierarchyContext.java:121)

     [bind]               at
org.jibx.binding.model.DefinitionContext.addFormat(DefinitionContext.java:529)

     [bind]               at
org.jibx.binding.model.BindingElement.defineBaseFormat(BindingElement.java:843

After some  googling and browsing through mailing lists here
understood the bcel 5.x version has issues with jdk 1.8

So  I have followed below two approaches

1)      upgraded bcel 5.x har to bcel-6.0.jar But ended up with below error,

   [bind]  com.abc.model.external.GetList output file size is 5496 bytes

     [bind] Error running binding compiler

     [bind] java.lang.VerifyError: Expecting a stackmap frame at
branch target 12

     [bind] Exception Details:

     [bind]   Location:

     [bind]
com/abc/model/external/GetList.JiBX_FOSbinding_newinstance_1_0(Lcom/abc/model/external/
/GetList;Lorg/jibx/runtime/impl/UnmarshallingContext;)Lcom/model/external/GetList;
@1: ifnonnull

     [bind]   Reason:

     [bind]     Expected stackmap frame at this location.

     [bind]   Bytecode:

     [bind]     0x0000000: 2ac7 000b bb00 0559 b700 284b 2ab0

     [bind]       at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)

     [bind]       at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)

     [bind]       at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1975)

2)      upgraded jibx version from 1.2.2 to 1.3.3

the problem here is all my binding files , we have 70+ are getting
errored out because  of jibx validation errors.  Couple of fixes seems
 to be  like duplicate namespaces,

I am attaching  the sample here.

My question is why this validation errors are not present when using
jibx 1.2.2 ? can I suppress these validation errors when using
jibx1.3.3.

Sample of such error below,

   [bind] Error: Conflicting element namespaces; on namespace element
at (line 4, col 85, in CUpdate -binding.xml)

     [bind] Error: Conflicting element namespaces; on namespace
element at (line 2, col 98, in CUpdate _StandardHeaderBinding.xml)

     [bind] Error: No namespace definition for URI
http://intra.abc.com/css/2008/09; on structure element at (line 18,
col 117, in CUpdate-binding.xml)

     [bind] Error running binding compiler

     [bind] org.jibx.runtime.JiBXException: Binding CUpdate
-binding.xml is unusable because of validation errors

     [bind]               at
org.jibx.binding.Utility.loadBinding(Utility.java:358)

     [bind]               at
org.jibx.binding.Utility.loadFileBinding(Utility.java:420)

     [bind]               at org.jibx.binding.Compile.compile(Compile.java:217)

     [bind]               at
org.jibx.binding.ant.CompileTask.execute(CompileTask.java:248)

     [bind]               at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:293)

     [bind]               at
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)

Kindly help  in addressing  this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Sriram