I have no preference either way.

a factory would be nice.

peter

"BAZLEY, Sebastian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The reason I suggested a factory might be useful is that some parsers might
be shareable, and some might not. Using a constructor to acquire a parser
makes it more difficult to share instances (I think).

I had a look at using dynamic loading of the parser last night, and found
that it was not trivial, as the parser classes have private constructors.
[Adding a factory method would be one solution, I guess.]

==

I think it would be better to retrieve the parser instance in a separate
class, not directly in HTTPSamplerFull, as this would make it a bit more
flexible.

Not sure if the (e.g.) getParser() method should always use the value of
jmeter.html.parser, or whether it should accept another property name and/or
a class name. Perhaps start with the fixed name, and create additional
methods if they prove necessary later...

==

Another oops.
I did not notice the html.parser package, so I put the extracte parser code
in the html.sampler package.
I think it would be better to move them, and they can then keep company with
htmlparser.java.

S.