hi sonam,

did you try adding a http config element to set the content-type?

add -> config element -> http header manager.

that might work. can you give it a try and see if that fixes it?

peter lin

Sonam Chauhan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> that makes sense. but back to the task of how can the
> soap/xml-rpc sampler can be enhanced to work with
> CommerceOne.
> if you can list exactly what the service needs in
> terms of encoding, content-type, content-length, post
> and so on, I can take a look.

Hi Peter - The SOAP sampler presents a different Content-type HTTP
header which may be causing the problem.

Here are the HTTP request headers used by the CommerceOne application:
Accept=image/gif, */*
Authorization=Basic xxxxxxx==
Content-Length=11345
Content-type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Host=internal_server:80
marketparticipantid=85fhge3ea-7832-1000-a422-0aasdasd0001
User-Agent=Mozilla/4.0 [en] (WinNT; I)

Here are the HTTP request headers used by the JMeter SOAP/XML sampler.
Accept=text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
Connection=close
Content-length=6782
Content-type=text/xml
Host=internal_server
marketparticipantid=85fhge3ea-7832-1000-a422-0aasdasd0001
User-Agent=Java/1.4.2_02

I used the HTTP header manager to create the special
marketparticipantid=xxx header, but could not override the
Content-type=text/xml header.

The strange thing is that HTTP request body seemed empty when the JMeter
SOAP sampler presented it. However, this could be a glitch in my CGI
rather than with the SOAP sampler.

With regards,
Sonam Chauhan
--