Light dawns...

It's rather confusing - bsh is BeanShell, bsf is Bean Scripting Framework.

BSF can be used to invoke any compatible scripting language, but I'd already
coded BSH, so it is used natively, rather than via BSF.
The BSF Sampler is intended for use when more scripting languages are added.

I was looking for bsf.Interpreter, not bsh.Interpreter.

bsh.Interpreter is in the bsh jar that I'm using.

I used version 1.3.0 from:

http://www.beanshell.org/download.html

Not sure what version of BSH and BSF Gump uses, but it compiles OK.

S.

[snip]