On 14/06/2009, Milamber <milambersp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have developed a small extension to JMeter for add a tab in View Results
> Tree listener which permit to test a regular expression on response data and
> view all matches.
>
>  (this extension in to help jmeter's user to test their regexp without a
> running test. this requirement because I give some trainings on JMeter and
> students aren't regexp's hackers)
>
>  You can view some screen captures and a add patch in this link :
> http://www.milamberspace.net/regexp_tester/regexp_tester_introduction.html

Looks to be a very useful extension.

>  To make this extension, I needed replace some private fields and methods to
> protected variables and methods in
> org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.ViewResultsFullVisualizer.
>
>  I don't create a new bugzilla, because I have some questions:
>
>  * It is possible to integrate this extension in main JMeter ?

Yes, potentially.

> need a vote or some process to pass?

There's no formal process.

>  * If not, it's possible to valide the private/protected changes in trunk ?
> this changes to permit to extented this listener rapidly. (I would like too
> add a AMF viewer (without integrate in trunk))

Extending the class to add a single extra pane works, but is not scalable.
I think it might be better to enhance ViewResultsFullVisualizer so
that it can process external panes.

The other approach would be to create a new Visualizer; this might be
a better approach for AMF.