From: Michael Mattox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 June 2003 16:20
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: RE: how to configure the Counter

If at least 4 people have trouble using the counter, then either it doesn't
work properly or the documention doesn't explain its use adequately.  I
added the counter to my thread group, and gave it a name.  Then in my http
request corresponding to login, I replaced the hard coded userid with
"user${userid_counter}".  The counter never incremented and
${userid_counter} was always equal to 1.  This seems to be the same
experience that 3 others have had.

I'm using 1.9RC2 with JDK 1.4.1_03 on Windows 2000.

Michael