From: Casadonte, Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 11:13 AM
To: 'JMeter Users List'
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: [OT] Bandwidth Throttling]

Thanks.  For those interested, a full description is at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnduwon/htm
l/d5wast_2.asp?frame=true

Although the article says that you can no longer download this tool, the URL
below does work.  Also, this seems to be a Win2k only tool.

The big show-stopper for me, though, is that I have to use the tool to do
the test (I think).  I wouldn't be able to run the JMeter thru it's
throttling mechanism.

I guess what I'm really looking for is a kind of proxy that can be run that
knows how to throttle.  The first link sent, for dummynet, sort of does
that, but it may require another machine to do it.  Maybe I'll check some
perl, python or java archives for such a creature.....

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
Global Logistics Technologies, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

1016 West Ninth Avenue
King of Prussia, PA 19406
610-491-9881

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey,
USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and
have received this message in error, please immediately return this by
e-mail and then delete it.