one of the many reason lots of java stuff override the system classpath is people may
have different version of xerces/xalan which are not compatible. Therefore, lots of
people ignore the system classpath and force users to use the default directory, or
write custom classloaders.

the way to load your own classes in the sampler is this:

1. create a custom classloader that extends URL classloader
2. read the necessary paths/jars from a config file.
3. before your sampler creates any objects, instantiate an instance of your classloader
4. use your classloader to look it up and then use it to create a new instance
5. do your normal sampler process

I hope that helps. If you want an example of how to extend URLClassloader, look at the
standardLoader in tomcat.

peter

Clifton Craig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you Peter,

However, my code is calling code that I have no control over. This code uses
the System classpath to locate resources. I set the system classpath prior
to invoking JMeter but it appears that JMeter is altering the system
classpath upon execution. Please, I'm a beginner with class loaders and
such. Could someone help me with a good solution?

Clifton C. Craig
Intelligent Computer Systems
A division of Global Beverage Group
[EMAIL PROTECTED]