From: Andrew Chapman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 January 2004 11:35
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Suggestions for flexible random parameter generation please

Hi,

I'm having trouble testing a url with a parameter whose value is a randomly
generated list of values taken from a set of allowed values each of which
may be included in the list only once:

e.g.
allowed values: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

possible lists:
1,2,3
3,10
5,2,8,6

How can I generate this for each request? I don't think using the
javascript expression function will do the trick unless I can use the
expression to call to a function that returns the list perhaps? Certainly
the __random function is too limited.

Thanks
Andy

For the latest data on the economy and society
consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages
are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy
on the use of electronic communications