The size assertion should hopefully work.

>As for the data pulled from the database, as far as it is
>retrieved from
>the server using an HTTP request and it is in some form of textual
>format, you should be able to use Response Assertions on it. It can
>happen, however, that BadBoy (sorry I'm not familiar with it) is not
>creating the corresponding HTTP Samplers -- you may need to
>create them
>manually or use JMeter's HTTP Proxy instead.

The latest code in CVS also has a Post-Processor which can save samples to
individual files.

You could then use an external script to compare the files against known
good samples.
Or you could try and use the new MD5 assertion. Both of these are obviously
only suitable where the content is known in advance.

Delving into the Flash files would need some knowledge of their structure
(is this published?) or a utility to extract the data. In theory, you could
use the BeanShell sampler to write a Java code to read the flash content.

Checking for the presence of certain strings in the Flash files might not be
too hard to do, determining whether they behave properly is another matter
entirely...

S.

from any virus transmitted.