From: sebb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 11/2/2004 4:33 PM
To: Xie, Shawn Y.
Cc: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: createing MM/DD/YYYY date string

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:06:19 -0800, Xie, Shawn Y. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sebb,
>         Thanks for your reply. I knew I can pass the date string to
> JMeter but what I want to achieve is to dynamically generate it. I am

Re-reading my reply, I see I was not very clear: I was suggesting that
you might be able to use the OS to dynamically generate the date
string.

 ... another possibility would be to use the __BeanShell() function to
generate the date.

For example

${__BeanShell(new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy").format(new Date()))}

This is best done in a User Parameters Pre-Processor element.