sorry for the repost, doing this to get the response in the correct thread

Typically you use Equals when you are asserting a response code or response
message (and rarely response text unless it just returns something like
success/false)
So if you had a test that accesses a secured page without logging in you say
in the Assertion
choose Response Code , Equals and 401 in the Patterns to test.

For the difference between matches and contains you need to read up on
regular expressions. (equals and substrings are not regex based comparisons
, but contains and matches are regex based)

Contains is any match anywhere in the value being tested . Matches is the
test must match the while string
If you are testing the string Ankush
k.?s will satisfy contains but fail matches.
.*?k.?s.*? will satisfy both

regards
deepak

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM, ankush jethi <ankush.je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> Can any one give some example of the usage of respinse assertion from text.
> 1. Using Contains
> 2. Equals
> 3. Matches
>
> Although using contains I successfully implement assertions but still I am
> not able to get how to use these other two assertion types. any generici
> example would help
>
> --
> Regards
> Performance Learner
> It Is Very Easy To Be Brave From A Safe Distance.

  • Assertions ankush jethi
    • Re: Assertions Deepak Shetty