Hi guys,

In addition:
a.  If you suspect that the server behaves differently when receiving
requests from the same IP, you could double check this using the new feature
in version 2.4, ip spoofing (available only for the Http Request Http
Client  sampler). Note that some network admins might not be ok with this
practice and it is not recommended unless the test system is isolated from
the rest of the work network.

b.  When testing distributed (even with no server-client config), save the
logs (as .csv) to the disk and then load them both, after the test, into a
single & clean listener in order to properly compare with the previous
results (for example, throughput is tricky unless you aggregate all results,
from all jmeter servers instances).

Hope this helps.