On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I expect I'm doing something wrong here.
>
> My Java Sampler Client does the following:
> * Send Async Logon Request
> * Receive Async Logon Response
> * Send Async Ack
>
> I currently have my SampleResult setup like this:
> LogonRequest
> * LogonResponse
> * AckRequest
>
> But if my LogonResponse fails because of a timeout, I am marking the
> LogonResponse.setSuccessful(false) but the group is still marked as a
> success.
>
> If a sub-result fails, shouldn't the parent also fail?
> Do I need to do this logic myself.
>
> Is my grouping sane?
> Should I instead be grouping my SampleResult as:
> LogonTest
> * LogonRequest
> * LogonResponse
> * AckRequest
>
> Guidance appreciated.

I know I'm replying to myself, but this is what my hacking has uncovered so far.

There is nothing in the code that links "success" for parent/child
SampleResults.

I went ahead and created a proper parent to hold all my subresults and
in a try/finally block ensure that the parent's success value is false
if any subresult is false, true otherwise (currently I only check one
depth level, it should really be recursive...)

This looks and behaves the way I expect it to so I will keep going with that.